Sunday, August 1, 2010

Clarification on all of this Kant mumbojumbo....

Forward from Facebook with slight revision:

I am trying to work out a categorical conception of God that I can compare to Kant's Categories of Pure Understanding. Like his non-empirical self that exists to make understanding all all experience possible, I think God is a non-empirical preexisting matrix of categorical ideas that make all existence possible (I don't know if Kant or anyone else has commentary on this subject. Perhaps,these would be most akin to Plato's Forms?). I would argue that we can only access these categories intellectually, not physically. The categories would include concepts like infinity or perfection. By comprehending these categories we come to see their necessity in the construct of reality. I really believe if we are looking for God, this is where we should start, not with just our senses. Not just with a scientific experiment. I do think these concepts are in us universally, just like the self is, except the God Categories are not as easy for some of us to recognize. (I have been thinking on this ALL night!)

No comments:

Post a Comment